This question was answered on Sat 19, Jul 2008 05:33pm by Dr Paul S, MD

enlarged left testicle after lifting weights for a week

Asked by Unregistered (Male; 18 ) on Mon 14, Jul 2008 03:47pm

enlarged left testicle after lifting weights. It's swollen and painless. Don't know whats wrong. Just want to know if its common or do i need to see a doctor and get medication.

Actions: | Forward |



Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post
Answer by Dr Paul S, MD  on Sat 19, Jul 2008 05:33pm:

Hi there. The most common cause of this is indirect inguinal hernia. This happens during straining, especially when lifting heavy objects, and this can cause some part of your small intestines to get translocated in one side of the scrotal sac. Another possibility is fluid collection or hydrocoele. This can present with unilateral scrotal swelling that is usually painless. This should be assessed by a surgeon, since eventually, there would be a risk of strangulating the bowel segment, and this can cause serious problems. If the intestine segment gets inadequate oxygen or blood supply, this can lead to bowel necrosis and this may warrant a major emergency operation. For now, it is recommended that you refrain from lifting heavy weights, or straining during defecation. Regards and God bless.
Our doctors provide free answers to your questions. If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation.
Click the button below to donate.

Please rate my answer (select the stars, no need to log in.)  

Follow up:

Clarification by greatwaytospendasummer on Sun 20, Jul 2008 04:28pm:
i went to the doctor and they said it was epididymitis. and gave me sum antibiotics and ibuprofen 800mg.


Comment by on Sat 05, Feb 2011 01:11am:
Please follow us on Facebook by clicking the like button below

This question is open for comments.  Please share your opinion.




Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post

What users are searching right now on Ask Doctor For Free:

©2011 - Ask Doctor For Free  |  All Rights Reserved
The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskDoctorForFree is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskDoctorForFree and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us