This question was answered on Wed 14, Jul 2010 03:39am by Dr.Ravindra Rajput

What is a harpies and how to treat it?

Asked by det4suc (Male; 24; I consulted a docteor about it for teatment last year around September. He injected me and gave me some pills and medication. I also used Viodor and Viocourt cream to apply on the wound and this one could help the wound heal and stop inching. For now i feel it is still there, my skin burns and courses some discomforts, sometimes iches but this time with no wound. I feel uncomfortable and i think the infection is still there.; Relevant drugs:Viocourt and Viodor cream. Injection, pills and some medication from a doctor. ) on Tue 13, Jul 2010 03:15am

What is a harpies and how to treat it?

Actions: | Forward |



Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post
Answer by Dr.Ravindra Rajput  on Wed 14, Jul 2010 03:39am:

Hi, the type of herpes which can infect face is herpes simplex type I virus (herpes labialis) and that infects genitals is herpes simplex type II (herpes genitalis) and the one which involves particular area of skin is herpes zoster. Vesicular lesions of the skin commonly referred to as "cold sores. Severe pain and fever usually persist for two to eight days, then these vesicles crust over and heal; whereas, lymph node enlargement may persist for weeks. This needs to be treated properly with anti-viral drugs like acyclovir or ganciclovir against prescription (both topical cream as well as oral tablets are available). Take care and regards.
Our doctors provide free answers to your questions. If you are happy with our services, please consider making a donation.
Click the button below to donate.

Please rate my answer (select the stars, no need to log in.)  


Comment by sanjay sharma on Thu 03, Feb 2011 07:59am:
one of my relative have got some mole on hip n other sides of hip..she 's in desprate said that she's suffering from a disease named HARPIK...would you like to suggets that wht kind of diesease is this? and how ong it;ll take to heal. regards sanjay from chandigarh(India)

Comment by on Mon 07, Feb 2011 02:02am:
Please follow us on Facebook by clicking the like button below

Comment by kamal Kumar jain on Sat 03, Mar 2012 05:20am:
my son aged 13 years is having redness and itching on his nose and lips since last 5 months at intervals. We have consulted 3 doctors but their treatment is not successful. Pl. help . I shall be thankful and obliged for your advise.

Comment by tanu arora on Tue 08, Jan 2013 10:13pm:
As per doctor my mother got Harpies Disease. Please advise if its harmful and how to cure? She hasbeen advised to take Neurobion Forte and Zoviraz. PLease advise

Comment by V. GOPALAKRISHNAN on Mon 06, May 2013 11:52pm:
Iam suffering from harpies for the last one in my hip and left leg bottem and i am not able to pressny leg and walk please tell me the remedial measures and medication for cure. Thanks

Comment by naina deep asthana on Wed 16, Apr 2014 03:38am:
my grand mother 85 years old got harpies disease on 13th of march 2014... her right eye and nose is got infected.. she is not able to open her eye from that day.. not able to eat food nd drink water properly.. her treatment is of allopathic medicines from lucknow medical college.. in how many days she will be fine??? pls tell some remedial measures for cure???

This question is open for comments.  Please share your opinion.




Security code
Enter the text as shown above

E-Mail me when someone replies to this post

What users are searching right now on Ask Doctor For Free:

©2011 - Ask Doctor For Free  |  All Rights Reserved
The site is not a replacement for professional medical opinion, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your medical doctor or other qualified health professional before starting any new treatment or making any changes to existing treatment. Do not delay seeking or disregard medical advice based on information written by any author on this site. No health questions and information on AskDoctorForFree is regulated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and therefore the information should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease without the supervision of a medical doctor. Posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author, and not the administrators, moderators, or editorial staff and hence AskDoctorForFree and its principals will accept no liabilities or responsibilities for the statements made.

Home | Terms & Conditions | Contact Us | Frequently Asked Questions | Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us